Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Creepyyeha Uri Belt Review

Creepyyeha's Uri belt
Creepyyeha features fetishistic and feminine accessories/lingerie that are handmade in New York. Her designs have details unlike many on the market--these are made to be seen. 
After some deliberation, I decided to purchase the Uri belt.

Creepyyeha's Uri belt
My first thought was, "This is heavy." The quality of the Uri belt is worth its price tag, and the leather looks more expensive in person. This unique belt has worn well and is very versatile. The stitches are clean and even. I also appreciate that it closes in the back, rather than the front, to increase the longevity of the leather around the buckles. Its only flaw is my belt only has three belt loops on each side rather than four, as shown on the website. This leaves a few inches of leather and hardware to droop down and forward (rather than laying flat against the waist).  

Creepyyeha's Uri belt closures and back
What was not featured on the site was a picture of the "elastic back closure." I emailed Creepyyeha with her website, tumblr page, and Paypal account email asking her what the closure looked like. Even months later, I received no response.

Creepyyeha's Uri belt
I opened a dispute on Paypal for a partial refund due to the missing D rings. Instead, they offered me a brand new one for free (which I received days after their offer). This was far more than expected. Once I got a response, I had a chance to see their customer service. The missing rings were due to a newer apprentice who was just learning the ropes. She let me know she is not active on her previous emails, and she apologized for the lack of response.

The customer service was questionable at first, and the product I waited weeks to receive was not as pictured. Once all of the misunderstandings were sorted out, the product and service were above expectations. Creepyyeha purchases are worth it if the seller's pictures and descriptions are clear and specific. 

What do you have your eye on from Creepyyeha?
As bonus question, have you been able to find great accessories made from high-quality faux leather? Suggestions are welcome!

Customer Service:
The weak-point of small businesses is customer service. Returns hurt them deeper, needy customers take up precious time, and should they feel confronted about their products or shop policies, it is difficult to not take the customers' remarks personally. Many do not offer returns, remind the customer they are a small company when faced with an issue, and structure emails like a carefully crafted argument if the customer is complaining or contradicting themselves. Creepyyeha (as of 3/25/16) does not offer returns for refunds, but when confronted with a fault, optimism and desire to please to a reasonable degree were ever-present. If Creepyyeha establishes a shop email regularly checked, then I wholeheartedly recommend their service should a strict returns policy not be desired.

*These belts have since been sold as they were not practical enough for me, and I felt weird owning leather. Creepyyeha now offers it in a vegan leather option.

No comments:

Post a Comment